I was fiddling with the ending of Calyn’s story again today and noticed that I was supposedly working on Chapter 16. I knew that wasn’t right, so I went back to discover which chapter I was really on. Interestingly enough, I only had to switch a “2” for the “1” to transform the heading from 16 to 26. So apparently, I wound up writing ten new chapters in this revision. Of course, some chapters might have been combined and others might have split as I recast the story.
I spent most of the day coming out more of the tangles in the last twenty-five pages. Many more remain. Usually things aren’t this messy when I reach the end of a manuscript since I tend to comb through a previous days material in as a way to put myself back in the story before pressing forward. But I was experimenting with the NaNoWriMo model of getting things down and moving on instead of getting trapped in a single paragraph for an hour.